Thank you for choosing JP Counseling & Associates, LLC for your Family and/or Co-parenting Counseling. Our goal is to help you meet your court requirements regarding counseling by providing you with premier quality services. In addition to the information included in the Informed Consent, the information below is specific to Family Court Mandated clients. Please read thoroughly and let us know if you have any questions.
- JP Counseling will not recommend any type of custody. Therapists will not relay to the court any suggestions of custody. Therapy will support any existing custody orders in place.
- The courts will receive information about compliance with treatment, including failure to attend scheduled appointments and payment issues.
- Therapy does not have a set number of sessions. Completion of court ordered therapy will be determined by therapist and progress of goals created in therapy sessions. Therapy could include meeting with all parties in court order individually and/or in joint sessions. Typically, each guardian will meet individually first with therapist and then together in joint sessions.
- Provided therapy will be delivered within the scope of the court order only. If further therapy is needed outside of the parameters of the court order, referrals will be made as needed.
- If at any time any threat of violence is apparent, therapy will immediately be suspended and terminated.
- Cost of therapy will be split between all parties involved. We will be happy to discuss this with all clients involved. If the use of insurance cannot be agreed upon by all parties, each session will be split by all parties involved at our current self-pay rates. In the case of children, the cost will be split by each parent or guardian.
- All payments must be made in full before any reports of completion will be reported to the courts.